Hello and thank you for stopping by my blog! If you have been here before you know that I like to make unique gifts. One thing I strive to do with my gift giving is to add value and meaning to the recipients life. That is especially true when it comes to a wedding gift. I had so much fun making this one - a wedding gift inspired by love songs. The title of the gift is inspired by the song, "Love You Like a Love Song" by Selena Gomez. The other songs I chose helped me with what I purchased for the kit. I made tags to go with each corresponding item, and typed out the lyrics that went with the tag. I chose each song because it had some good marital advice in it. Here is what I came up with....
1. Love Like Crazy - by Lee Brice. I bought the book "The Five Love Languages"by Gary Chapman. I haven't personally read this book, but I read "The Five Love Languages for Teenagers" and it was wonderful. I am sure this is a good read for the newly weds.
2. Don't - by Shania Twain. I bought a rug. The song basically says not to brush things under the rug. Good marital advice.
3. Meet in the Middle - by Diamond Rio. I bought Chips Ahoy Middles. I really struggled with what I was going to buy to go with this song, then I ran it by my daughter and she suggested these cookies. It is great to get suggestions from other people!
5. Remember When - by Alan Jackson. A photo album goes with this song. I covered an album with drop cloth and personalized it. I will post how I did that soon. Watch this song on You Tube with the Up movie version. If you are like me you will cry your eyes out.
6. I purchased the songs on iTunes and burned them to a CD. It was really weird burning a CD as I don't use CD's anymore, but I needed one to go with the kit.
I made a box bag - CLICK HERE for the tutorial. I used a 10 pound blueberry box for my base, cut off the upper flaps, measured and cut the paper, and put it together as the tutorial indicates. The upper right picture shows all the goodies in the box bag read to be closed.
Then I taped it up, tied a bow on it and secured the tag on.
Here is one of the song tags. Each tag comes with the title tag, and two pages of lyrics. I tied all of them together to make one tag and tied it to the corresponding item with ribbon. Below are all the files for the tags. Right click, copy and paste into your favorite publishing program.
And there you have it! Do you know anyone who is getting married soon?
Thanks for stopping by!
Linking up to...