Monday, February 21, 2011

One Tough Cookie - Get Well/Encouragement Gift


Okay, I get so giddy every time I look at this picture because I think it is so darn cute! I know a lot of people right now who are going through a variety of challenges. I plan on making many more of these - this was my prototype. I made this post card and tied it on to a styrofoam container that I filled with cookies.
Instructions:
 I used kraft paper for the post card and cookie. I printed out the saying on white cardstock. I punched two small circles with my Spellbinders die cuts. I cut out the cookie with my 2" Marvy punch and then free style cut a bite out of the cookie. You could use a scallop punch to cut out the bite. I inked with brown around the cookie, pasted on the eyes, drew in brown circles for the eyes and chocolate chips, and drew on a mouth. I pasted the cookie on the white card stock and drew in the arms and legs. I cut a couple small strips of black cardstock and pasted them above the eyes to give the cookie a tough look. My next cookie I am going to draw in some crumbs at the feet. I pasted the white card stock on to the kraft paper leaving some room to punch a couple holes to feed a ribbon through. I wrote a little message on the postcard before tying it on the container. I also added a recipe for the cookies that were inside.
These are the cookies I made...

This is a recipe I found on the Seven Sisters blog. This is one of the fifteen blogs I gave an award to (click here to see awards) . These cookies are called Iced Oatmeal Applesauce Cookies - and boy are they good. I am always on the hunt for a new delicious cookie recipe that has some healthy ingredients in them. I cut the icing drizzle in half and it was plenty. I used sultana raisins instead of golden - only because I didn't have golden on hand - and it tastes good.
Click HERE to go to the recipe on the Seven Sisters blog.

How many people do you know who could use a "tough cookie" gift package?
Thanks for looking!

I have linked up
and here:

lil luna link party button

10 comments:

  1. Sue- that is the cutest packaging EVER! love it! Just want to add clarification- it's actually a Martha Stewart recipe and Mar added a few tweaks of her own :) I updated the post with the link! I am posting on Wed about a recycled gift bag of my own! Keep your ideas coming, i love re-purposing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yea- last comment was from ~*S*~...there are so many of us! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love, love, love, LOVE this idea. Sometimes people need a little encouragement via cookies. And the art work is PERFECT! great job

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Love it:p This is too cute and a great idea. In fact I'm thinking I will make it this weekend for my lil sis. She's in her junior year of college and she is having a great challenge. She's really down and I think this would be perfect encouragement for her. Thank you for the awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so darling, creative and thoughtful of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sue, what a fun idea! Love it... and will have to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this idea! Thanks for sharing! Following your blog and can't wait to see what else you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you stopped by my place...which inevitably led me to your place!

    you're a genius! I can't wait to try this out...maybe I'll post about it too. Obviously I'll give all the credit to you sister!

    -dani

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sue!
    So my little sis LOVED the card! As soon as she saw it she started laughing which was what I was going for. She kept saying how much the cookie looked like her....Lol. Along with the necklaces I won from Kara's for the Charmingly Chic Boutique, it seemed to lift her spirits. I can tell it really did do some good because now she seems a little more optimistic and doesn't seem to be stressed all the time. I believe the card was very encouraging for her and she just needed to know that I support and believe in her. So thank you so much for the awesome card. It truly was a BIG hit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so great for nervous back to school kids!

    ReplyDelete