Monday, July 4, 2011

Homemade CD/DVD Pouch

I am on a quest this summer to do some organizing around my house and this is one of my first projects. My daughter has a pile of discs that don't have cases. An easy fix are these paper pouches that I am going to put in a basket. Might as well make them pretty! Here is what I did....


I printed off some antique french opera sheet music from Graphics Fairy. I had to do two of these images to make it long enough. I also added an ornate frame label to have an area to write what is in the pouch. I used kraft paper from a roll and cut it to 8 1/2 x 11 inches to fit my printer. I taped this paper to cardstock with double sided tape so it would go through my printer without it being eaten. I cut the graphic to 5 1/2 inches wide x 10 inches length. I folded it in half and sewed the sides fairly close to the edges. I also cut a partial circle off the top with a circle punch so it would be easy to grab the disc from the pouch.

Here is the back. 

I made a few pouches that had lace in the middle too, using up some scrap lace. My daughter loves the pouches. Now to think up something for her DS games.....

 Thanks for stopping by!

Linking up to...

Graphics Fairy

1 comment:

  1. Hi...this is a great idea, it's beautiful!

    Have a great day

    ReplyDelete