Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Toy Story Halloween Costume


I do not make Halloween costumes for my daughter anymore, but I thought I would share my favorite costume that I made her. My daughter loved Jessie and Bullseye from Toy Story once upon a time - and we had watched a neat segment on one of our favorite shows, Art Attack, on how to make box horses. Although I did not know how to draw at all, I set out to make this outfit. I used pictures to be my guide, and I think I did pretty good considering my drawing skills are not very good. 
I couldn't find the Art Attack tutorial on how to make a cardboard horse - but I found one on ehow. CLICK HERE to go to it.

I used to make and sell baby western wear, so making the western shirt for me was reasonably easy. One could easily get a white shirt from a second hand store and add on the yellow yoke and cuffs, with red braid. I found the hat at Value Village, and I bought some cheap cow material from a fabric store and baste stitched it to a pair of her jeans - to remove later. I borrowed a pair of cowboy boots - but warning - cowboy boots are not comfortable - if I did this again I would go with runners all the way.
I did braid my daughters hair. 


Other costumes my daughter wore:

 Little Red Riding Hood
 Lion
  Princess
Elephant
 bunny
 lady bug
skunk
wounded dirt biker

This year she is dressing up as Jessie from Pokemon - and she is going to put a pikachu stuffie in a butterfly net. She might dress her dog up as James. Too funny.

Happy Costume Making!!

Linking up to...


5 comments:

  1. What an adorable photo, Sue. Such precious memories.
    Warm regards,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've awarded you the Versatile Blogger Award because you're so inspiring! Go check out the details at 52mantels.com. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the cutest costume I've seen in a long time.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete