Sunday, October 9, 2011

Cinnamon Roll Bouquet

I like to give little gifts to my neighbors once in a while - and Thanksgiving is always a good time to show my appreciation. I saw the most adorable cinnamon rolls on a stick made into a bouquet. I saw this on Tasty Kitchen. The cinnamon rolls were made from Pillsbury Crescent dough. The picture for these is adorable - they were put in a mug with tissue paper and raffia was tied on the bags. The secret I think to making these mini buns is cooking them in mini muffin tins.

I was making a batch of cinnamon rolls from scratch and decided I would try this. I use Pioneer Woman's recipe - it really is very simple to make from scratch - and homemade tastes so good. The tutorial on her site is very helpful. CLICK HERE to go to it. One thing I tried different this time, and I personally liked it better, I waited for the cinnamon rolls to cool completely before I poured the icing on. 
Other things I do different:  I do not follow the instructions to not skimp on the icing. I love my icing - but I like tasting the cinnamon roll too. I do not put coffee in the icing - I pour more of the maple flavoring in. I cut the recipe in half. This makes a huge pan (15 large buns) and then I made 24 mini rolls. Of course the large recipe would work for a large group or a lot of give aways. 

After the cinnamon rolls were made and wrapped - I dressed up a can using my THANKSGIVING TYPOGRAPHY. I copy and pasted the image to my favorite graphics program, and resized it to fit six on the page. I printed it out on kraft wrapping paper (taping it to cardstock so the printer would not eat it) and then I cut it in half to fit on two cans. I used a piece of styrofoam to stick the rolls on the stick into, and used some paper grass to cover it. 


I made a "welcome to the neighborhood" tag and can too, as I had some new neighbors to greet. The inspiration for this tag came from Sankari Wegman. Please go to her post to see this tag - as mine does not do the original justice. CLICK HERE.

So there you have it - a yummy treat that makes a sweet gift.

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm your newest follower...found you at Southern Charm by Farica. Thinking your new neighbors are very blessed to have a thoughtful neighbor like you. Love that idea.
    Hope you come follow me, too.
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable (and yummy looking) gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that looks like a great gift that I would probably gobble up before it ever made it to its intended! ;)

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, Sue, now I have to make these and eat them all myself! Seriously, awesome idea for cinnamon rolls.
    I know someone who would like a gift like that, thanks for the inspiration as always.
    Warm Regards,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. OmiGOSH, what a FABULOUS welcome gift!! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yet another oh-so-great project! Thanks for the fun idea! I also wanted to stop by and let you know that because I love your blog so much, I'm passing on the versatile blogger award to you! Come check out the rules on my site @ http://shelstringblog.blogspot.com/2011/10/award.html
    XoXo! ;)

    ReplyDelete