Oil of Old Age - Olive Oil. I added on some beauty secrets that one can use with olive oil. I have tried it on my skin and it actually feels amazing.
Olive Oil Beauty Secrets
by Melissa Eaton
We all know that olive oil is wonderful and healthy for us to cook with, but what about its other uses? Truthfully, olive oil is another main ingredient in several beauty products you can buy on the shelf. See for yourself how you can make your own skin cocktails and save a little money at the same time.
1. A mixture of 1/2 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup vinegar, and 1/4 cup water used as a night cream will make your skin glow. The olive oil softens and moisturizes and the vinegar lightens discolorations, kills bacteria and loosens dead skin cells. Splash water on your face before applying.
2. Olive oil can be used as cleansing cream if your skin is dry.
3. For a facial, wet face thoroughly, then massage olive oil into your skin. Use about a half teaspoon of sugar and scrub your face with that, then wipe off gently with a warm, wet cloth until the sugar is all gone.
4. Use olive oil on your feet with clean white cotton socks. Helps to soften up you feet and it absorbs better than baby oil.
5. It seems when you pour olive oil out there is always a drip, so wipe it up with your hand and rub it in to your elbows. Wonderful softening properties
6. Use olive oil as bath oil. Two to three tablespoons will do the trick.
7. Use olive oil for your hair. Not only does it condition, but it also gets rid of the frizz. Put a small drop into your palm & then rub both hands together & apply it to dry hair.
Wrinkle Remover - Iron on Starch for when the iron isn't enough.
Energizer Batteries, to keep you going and going.
Act II Popcorn, welcome to another stage of life. Play your part well!
Socks - Sit back and kick up your feet. Relax! You've earned it!
Life is a Puzzle - Just in case you haven't figured out the "big" picture, here is one you can.
Laughter is the best medicine - but when that isn't enough, try the medicine cabinet
(pain reliever and antacids)
Senior Moments - memory loss mints
I printed out tags and tied the tags to each item with golden tulle. I bought a waste basket (I wanted everything to be practical) and put all the items in it. I printed out a BIG label for the waste basket that said - Senior Citizen's Survival Kit - for those golden years. I taped the sign on and tied a golden tulle ribbon around the basket. I concealed the items in the waste basket with gold tissue paper.