Friday, November 26, 2010

Leftover Turkey Recipe Collection: Gift Idea

I have given this little recipe book away to many people for a little Christmas gift. I love having a quick reference for left over turkey recipes. (Scroll to the bottom of post for recipes)

Left-over Turkey Recipe Book

Here is a paper bag album tutorial.

1. For this paper bag album I used two pop in lunch bags. They are the easiest bags to use to make a paper bag album as they don't have a bottom.








2. Cut the end of the bag off. The width of the bags I used measured 4.5 inches. I wanted the album to be square so I cut it to a length of 9 inches.








3. Fold the bags in half. Place one on top of the other alternating ends (bottom bag - closed end on left, opened end on right
 top bag - open end on left, and closed end on right.






4. Choose paper to decorate. I cut the paper 4 1/4 inches square. I trimmed some off the title page part to make for easier hole punching. Glue paper on front and back. I found gluing on BOTH the paper and the paper bag made for better adhering.




5. Cut a 2"x 4 1/2 inch piece of cardstock. Fold in half. Put over folder ends of album. Making sure the album is aligning square, punch holes 1/4" into the paper. I punched four holes and threaded them with twine, tying a bow in the middle.







6. Print out desired leftover turkey recipes. I have some available to print on my blog. Cut each recipe into a 4'x4' square. Some cards will need to be trimmed a little more before adhering to the album, but this is a good starting point.









7. Open up album. Before pasting anything down, crease a fold on all the the pages to make it easier to work with and easier to open. I put two recipes each in the pockets (open ends) making four recipes in all that go into pockets. Make sure those recipes have space on the side to staple or glue a pull tab to. Paste other recipes to pages, sizing the recipes before adhering for a proper fit and decorating as you wish. *remember* put glue on both the paper and paper bag for  better results.



8. Staple tabs on recipes that are going into the pockets. My tabs are made out of paper that I dry embossed and inked. They are slightly wider than 1/2 an inch, and 2 inches long. I folded them in half length wise and stapled them on the recipe card. Stagger the tabs so you have one at the top, one at the bottom and two in the middle.



Paper bag album
Here is the finished result.

Here are links to download and print the recipe collections:

PDF file for leftover turkey recipes collection #1

PDF file for leftover turkey recipes collection #2

PDF file for leftover turkey recipes Embellishments

No comments:

Post a Comment