Monday, October 8, 2012

Thanksgiving Inspiration Rocks



 Happy Canadian Thanksgiving! I have pinned quite a few rocks with quotes and today I decided to make some myself. 
I painted the smoothest rocks I could find (from my favorite beach) with off-white household acrylic paint. I started hand writing on one of the rocks and discovered that I am terrible at it. Read on to find out how I got nice printing on the rocks.

I made a few quotes with fonts and clip art I liked:


After printing the quotes on scrap paper, this is what I did to transfer the printing on the rocks:


Then I added a little bit of color with Sharpies.




Thanks for stopping by!

Linking up to...

Tip Junkie

5 comments:

  1. These turned out to be so cute,no hope you had as much yummy turkey and pumpkin pie as we did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this cute idea! Thanks so much ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried this and it didn't work. Did you put something on the rock first to make it more absorbent or something?
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will this work ok if we paint the rocks first to a color of our choice. Then transfer print and then put a protective seal on so it can be outside.

    ReplyDelete