Saturday, October 16, 2010

Masculine Birthday Card Ideas

I have two brothers who have birthdays in October. I find that guy cards are the hardest to make. Here are some masculine birthday cards from that past....
For this one I picked out some scraps with masculine colors, and I embossed a birthday stamp that came with my cuttlebug to paste in the middle. I sanded the embossed stamp a bit to bring out the white. Pretty easy.

For this card I made my own background, and found a clip art man on the internet.

Here is this years attempt at making cards for my brothers. I printed out the same clip art and sayings, but I made two different cards.
I only had one piece of silver the size that would fit this card perfectly. I put it through my cuttlebug using my diamond plate embossing folder. I colored the truck and added three screw brads. I wish I placed the brads a little lower. I glued a scrap of black across the middle and put the "you are not old" saying on pop dots and placed it on the black strip. Oh yeah, I inked a little silver along the edges of the white paper before I glued it down.
For this card, I needed it to be fit to go through the mail. I found some nice earth toned scraps of paper. I cut out the clip art truck and saying. I distressed inked the truck and saying with Tim Holtz ink - very lightly with the walnut color, and then soaked it with the tea dye color. I inked all the edges of the scraps with black ink. I cut out two black circles to make it look like brads and pasted them beside the saying.
Here is the inside of the card. For next time, I would print out two trucks the same size. I would cut one out and pop dot it on top of the other to add dimension.
Oops! I hope my brothers don't look at my blog until next month, oh well. Happy birthday Stephen and Paul!
I am not sure how to put pdf files on my blog right now, and I am not sure if this file would work as it is a jpg, but I thought I would put it on just in case it would work. Once I figure out how to put pdf files on  my blog I will load up all the sayings and other stuff that I have made on my computer. Thanks for your patience!

3 comments:

  1. I right clicked on the image, copied, and then pasted in my computer program. The image is huge - but you can resize it to fit a card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Sue, thanks for the truck!! Your blog looks great! Those little treat boxes with the spider web are really cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Needed a birthday card for my DH. The Birthday Boy Idea was perfect because it highlights an inside joke we have! Thanks for the inspiration! CM2

    ReplyDelete