Saturday, December 18, 2010

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year - Christmas Card with Homemade Envelope



I saw a card like this and loved it. I did not have the stamp, but I did not let that stop me. I went on the hunt for clip art and I found these mittens on the Scholastic Printables site. They have all sorts of cute FREE clipart available like the skates, sled and holly below. Click HERE to check out more of their clip art.


After finding awesome free clipart,  I went to work making my sentiment for the card. I wish when I saved this card idea that I bookmarked whose artwork it was - but that was way back when. I will not put the picture of inspiration on my blog as I don't know who to give the credit to.

I made the card out of a 4" x 9" paper. This is the first time I have tried this size and I LOVE it. You get three cards from a 12x12. One of the issues I always have is with envelopes. I would love to make 6"x6" cards or 4 x 4 cards, but they are hard to find and when I do find them - really pricey. I made my own out of pop in lunch bags. I cut the bag a little longer than 4 1/2 inches with a decorative scissor. I punched a half circle in the middle so the bow would fit, and I stamped on a snowman. So cute and very frugal. You can get 50 envelopes this way for $1 or $1.25 depending where you shop.

Frugal Alternative - Pop in lunch bag for an envelope
With the pearls that are on the cards, I saw the greatest tip on another blog. Color white pearls the color you need. The pen that was used was a Copic pen. I DON'T HAVE those, so to make do with what I have, I used Sharpies. 

Frugal Alternative - Color your pearl stickers with a Sharpie


Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment