Monday, September 5, 2011

I Love Kraft Paper - Gift Wrapping


My daughter had a birthday recently, and I have so much fun wrapping that I wrapped all her presents individually. I have had a kraft paper craze for a while now, and with all the ideas I have been seeing on the internet - I thought I would give some of those ideas a try.

1. Lace - When I wrapped this one - I was wondering - how am i going to attach the lace? I ended up measuring it and sewing it, and then stretching it over the gift as tape would not hold the lace on. I attached one of my clip on earrings that I don't wear anymore to add some bling.

2. Typography - I have noticed wrapped presents with book pages or some other typography style paper in the middle. This gift was small enough that found a nice graphic on Graphics Fairy. I used THIS GRAPHIC - but there are many other options on this site. I printed it out the graphic out on cream paper, ripped the edges and taped it on the gift. The red ribbon gives a nice contrast.

3. Stamped - Black ink, kraft paper and jute always look good together.

4. Doilies and Butterflies - I put lace on the same as the black lace gift. I taped the doily on with double sided tape. I made the butterfly out of paper I made with a clock background. The clock graphic I got from Graphics Fairy. I cut out two butterflies, glued the center together and puffed up the wings on the top butterfly. I added some jewels to the center of the butterfly. I attached the butterfly with a puffy dot.

I love wrapping - it is just one of the many ways one can be creative.
Thanks for stopping by!

I am linking up to...

Graphics Fairy

1 comment:

  1. I am a horrible gift-wrapper, but your beautiful wraps make me want to try, try and try again! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your sweet comment. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete