Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Make Props/Displays Out of Cardboard



I did a workshop in the summer at my Church. I had been wanting to try my hand at making cardboard props, and this was the perfect opportunity. To me - there are so many possibilities with cardboard - and cardboard is cheap, cheap, cheap. I didn't take pictures the day of my workshop as I get a little pumped about these things and I forget all about taking pics - so these are pics were taken at my home, they are not how it was set up. My workshop was on "Dating". The funny thing is it started out as a craft workshop - frugal gift giving - and then morphed into a dating workshop because the person who was doing the dating workshop was not able to come. I called the workshop "Think Outside of the Box Dating Workshop - Creative Dating Ideas, Mythbusting and More"


I made frames to put quotes and my "myth busting" list. I cut two of them to fit an 8 1/2 x 11 paper so I could print out the quote from my computer. I made the other one a little larger but the 8 1/2 x 11 width so I could still print out the papers from my computer to tape on the frame, I just used two sheets to fit on the one.

This is what the back looks like. I copied the construction of a store bought frame to make the easel part in the back. I used hot glue to glue them together.


I made a Mr and Mrs Right prop. We put sticky notes on these of some desirable attributes that the young adults find important. 

I took a little clip art for my inspiration and started drawing with a ruler and a bowl. I cut them out...



Here is the back of Mr. and Mrs. Right. I made easels for the back like I did with the frames. I used some clear plastic that I save from packaging to glue on the heads to give it the suspended head look.


I was really excited how everything for this workshop turned out. Now I am thinking birthday props, Halloween props, Christmas, Valentines - you name it - a prop can be made for it. 

Check out my CARDBOARD pinboard on Pinterest for more ideas using cardboard.

Thanks for stopping by.

  lil luna link party button

2 comments: