Thursday, November 29, 2012

Large Christmas Countdown Blocks


Welcome to my blog! Here is another craft that was done at our Super Saturday. 
What I liked about these Christmas Countdown blocks is that they are large. The blocks are made from 4x4's and the base is made from a 2x6. All papers were cut slightly smaller than the blocks, and the edges were inked. The papers were mod podged on to the blocks, then the numbers, then a top layer of mod podge. It is important to wait twenty minutes between layers to prevent bubbling. The numbers were cut from a Cricut, and I used the cartridge "A Child's Year", size 3. 
Block 1 needs numbers 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.  
Block 2 needs numbers 0, 1, 2, 6, 7, 8. 
The six works as a 9 as well. 
The Christmas Countdown label was laser photocopied onto ivory paper and mod podged on to the painted base. I used the font "Impervious".  


Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Good info. Lucky me I ran across your site by accident (stumbleupon).

    I have book-marked it for later!
    Feel free to visit my blog post :: Work from home

    ReplyDelete