Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Chocolate Mousse-Brownie Trifle


This is the first trifle I have ever made. To me, trifles look complicated and I don't like complicated things. I do believe in the 4-H motto though, learn to do by doing, so I thought I would give this a try as it looked so good. Of course my trifle does not look as beautiful as the one in the Woman's Day magazine where I found the recipe, but I like to call my pictures real life shots, from a person who cares more about the taste than the presentation. I do have to say that it was hard to keep my husband and daughter's hands off this until it was served, so it must have looked good to them and that is what matters. By the way, this trifle was easy to make, and I even did some extra steps like make my own brownies. I am definitely making this again - so yummy. I recommend you give this a try. I sort of "halfed" the recipe as we only have three people at our house. It is hard to half three eggs so I did a lot of guesstimating. 
I also like using honey in my whipped cream instead of sugar. You should try it. It is amazing and better for you. This recipe is from the National Honey Board website. You should check it out as they have some good recipes.

Whipped Cream with Honey

Makes 2-1/4 cups
  • 1 cup whipping cream
  • 2 Tablespoons honey
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • Salt
Chill beaters, bowl and cream. Whip cream and dash salt until soft peaks form. Slowly beat in honey and vanilla. Serving Size: 2 Tablespoons
Here is the recipe card....
Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

  1. I have been wanting to make a trifle for so long!!! But like you, I haven't because it looks too hard haha! But you have inspired me to go for it! Thanks for the recipe...btw, I love the name of your blog!!!
    www.itsahandmadelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one looks so good Sue....have to admit, I make trifle all the time but all I use is vanilla pudding, angel food cake and whip cream and layer it with fruit. will have to try chocolate!

    ReplyDelete