Monday, January 24, 2011

Valentines Mantel


















For my Valentines mantel I chose neutral colors with a splash of Valentine red here and there. The family tree frame is pretty much a permanent fixture as it is too heavy and too hard to remove - so it needs to be worked around. There is supposed to be a flat screen TV in this little alcove but we did not want a TV in our living room.


One of the items close to my heart on this mantel is a crotchet piece my great grandmother made. I wrapped it around my candle holder. This beautiful work of art has hearts on it, however, I added burlap hearts (that I inked with red) over the crotchet hearts as they were hard to see. I attached the burlap hearts with diamond brads.

Other homemade items on the mantel include family Valentine pouches and pattern paper topiary trees. The next two days I will be posting how I made these. The pattern paper topiary trees were an adventure and a learning experience for sure. 

Thanks for looking!!

I have linked to this linky party.

Valentine%27s+Mantel+Linky.jpg

Check it out by clicking HERE

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog! I love your mantel- it's simple and elegant. It’s funny we both decorated with items crocheted by family! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the family tree photo fits in nicely, I used family photos specifically for my decorations.

    ReplyDelete