Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Valentine Pouch Craft


These are our family Valentine pouches. I quartered a 12 x12 piece of kraft paper to make four squares (I only used three). I used Fancy Pants Vintage Valentines papers for the front of the pouch and the decor in the middle. I cut the front pouch a little smaller than the 6" kraft paper. I punched a half circle out of the middle of the patterned pouch paper. I stitched along the top. Then I stitched the patterned pouch on to the kraft pouch. For the corners I embossed paper with my Cuttlebug using the Fancy Corners embossing plates and I gently sanded over them to distress the paper. Then I added a picture so we could distinguish whose Valentine pouch it is.


On the girl's pouches I added a little more feminine touch with lace trim and pearls.


I have these pouches on our mantel with paper cards, again from Fancy Pants Valentines Vintage paper, so we can write words of appreciation on them for each other and then put the "love" notes in the pouches. I made these last year. I am hoping to get a few years out of these. It will be good to look back at previous Valentines Day words of appreciation and keep up the tradition year to year. 


Check out my Valentines Mantel post by clicking HERE.


Thanks for looking!

This craft is participating at this linky party...


lil luna link party button

No comments:

Post a Comment