Saturday, February 25, 2017

Wood Burn Garden Signs



Hello! Welcome to my blog! I made these signs for a Christmas gift. My Auntie loves to garden. I saw the saying "Trespassers will be composted" and knew my aunt had to have that in her garden.
I found some scrap wood. I didn't cut anything as my scraps determined the size of the signs. I glued two pieces of wood together with wood glue. Then secured the two pieces to a longer piece of wood with a couple screws. 

I designed the letters on a publishing program and printed them on a piece of paper. I transferred the lettering using the pencil transfer method (or you can use transfer/carbon paper. 


The fonts I used :"Color Me Purple"
 and "Roscrift Clean". 

After transferring the letters on the wood with the pencil transfer method, I wood burned the letters using my wood burner I purchased from Michael's. I found the chisel tip to be the best tip to use but I suggest you take a scrap piece of wood and practice on it to see what tip you feel works best for the sign you are making. 

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment