Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Petal Scarf Made From a T-Shirt


I bought a blazer for a birthday present - and thought a scarf would be nice to go with it. I wasn't willing to pay what the stores wanted for scarves when I knew I could make one for a fraction of the cost. So.......I went blogging and found a tutorial for a petal scarf - which I found HERE on a blog called "annekata". Make sure you go check it out. She has great pictures and walks you through making this awesome scarf.

This was a definite craft "try"al. I am going to do a whole lot more of these. This first one was from two t-shirts as I wanted it to be a spring scarf. I want to make some wool ones too and play with the colors a bit. There are so many possibilities here.

This scarf is made with 36 - 2 inch circles - BUT I am going to do at least double that next time. Thirty six circles is how many I got from the front of a t-shirt. With a whole shirt I can easily double that amount.

I wonder if I can make a green one before St. Patrick's Day???  I can tell this is going to be addictive. I have a lot of t-shirts I can cut up. Why don't you give it a try?

Linked up at

lil luna link party button

No comments:

Post a Comment